Our client, a Public Sector Body is seeking a Senior Financial Accountant offering a permanent contract. Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the purpose of the role is to lead, manage and develop the team in respect of Financial Reporting/Financial Statements/Asset Management/C&AG Audit section/ Payroll & Expenses ensuring full compliance with key internal controls and liasing with internal and external auditors.
Hybrid working 3 days in office, 2 days from home. Based in Dublin 2.
Senior Accountant responsibilities: ( Full description available on request)
- Produce monthly Income and Expenditure reports, annual Financial Statements in accordance with deadlines (FCC, Executive Committee, AF&R, Board and DETE).
- Management of Payroll/Expenses function
- Management and Development of team members in Financial Accounting and Payroll/Expenses ensuring that the team have a full understanding of the requirements of the job and receive necessary training in order that necessary delegation is possible.
- Preparation of Financial Statements and Audit File and liasing with C&AG
- Reporting on Estate Management Debt and liaison with Property team on corrective action.
Senior Accountant Requirements :
- Qualified Accountant ( ACA, ACCA, CPA, CIMA)
- A broad range of systems, accounting and analytical skills
- Proficiency and experience in the use of Financial Accounting systems
- Strong focus on attention to detail and compliance.
For a confidential discussion and more information on this Financial Accountant role, please contact Michelle Miley
Direct: 090 6450667