Great opportunity for a Senior Financial Accountant to join an industry leader in their field on a permanent basis. This person would be viewed as a key member of the team and a key influencer to senior management. Reporting to the General Manager and Company Director, the Senior Financial Accountant will be responsible for maintaining strong financial controls, robust reporting and driving commercial growth within the business. This role has 3 direct reports. Attractive remuneration package offered. Fully onsite role based in North Cork (25 mins from Mallow).
Overview of Responsibilities:
- Maintenance and implementation of strong financial controls.
- Preparation of monthly management accounts and reporting to senior management and stakeholders.
- Prepare analytical reviews of month-end accounts highlighting any variances that may require further considerations.
- Report monthly, quarterly and annual operational results to the various departments.
- Cost control measures – highlight any trends in the data.
- Support and oversee Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable functions.
- Preparation of annual financial statements and liaise with auditors and advisors.
- Preparation of annual budget.
- Preparation and filing of Revenue/CSO returns.
- Assist in ad-hoc reports and project work as required.
What the ideal candidate looks like:
- Qualified ACA/ACCA/CIMA/CPA with 2-5 years PQE.
- Excellent Information Technology/Financial systems experience.
- Advanced proficiency in MS Office with strong analytical and excel skills.
- Strong organisational, planning and time management skills with the ability to organise, prioritise and deliver accurate results in a challenging target-driven environment.
- Self-motivated with excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to lead, motivate and develop a team.
- Be experienced in the presentation of monthly reports.
- Ability to solve problems, improve processes and increase efficiency.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Michael O’Brien.