- Reference: LK47000
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Clare, Limerick, Limerick City
- Category: Accountancy & Finance
Edwards Life Sciences are offering a unique and exciting opportunity in the Mid- West to be part of a start-up operation.
We are exclusively working with Edwards Lifesciences, a world leading Medical Device company. If you have a passion for improving the lives of patients with structural heart disease, please read on.
Edwards Lifesciences is driven by a passion to help patients, the company collaborates with the world’s leading clinicians and researchers to address unmet healthcare needs, working to improve patient outcomes and enhance lives.
- Analyze and interpret complex monthly financial results to identify financial issues, for business leaders; provide insights and make recommendations regarding possible course corrections
- Analyze weekly and monthly manufacturing trends (e.g., material, labor, overhead) in partnership with business leaders to develop/update monthly forecasts and budgets and provide feedback
- Draw findings from financial and manufacturing trend reports, synthesize information, and create presentations for management
- Partner with manufacturing leaders to advise on financial impact of recent/proposed process changes
- Assess system capabilities and process efficiencies, and make recommendations for enhancements and upgrades
- Prepare and process month-end journal entries; prepare balance sheet account reconciliations; calculate, update, and maintain product standard cost in ERP system; gathering data and generating reports in support of manufacturing trend analysis
- Assist in compliance activities (e.g., SOX, key and internal controls, fixed asset audits, physical inventory) Analyze ROI (Return on Investment) of expenditures for manufacturing projects, identify operational implications, and recommend improvements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance plus a minimum of 5 years’ experience required; Experience working in a large manufacturing company is preferred
- Proven expertise in MS Office Suite, including advanced Excel and related financial systems; ERP (e.g., JDE, Oracle, SP) experience preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and interpersonal relationship skills including consultative and relationship management skills
- Excellent problem-solving, critical thinking, and investigative skills
- Substantial knowledge and understanding of Edwards policies, procedures, and guidelines relevant to corporate accounting
- Good understanding of manufacturing and cost accounting processes
- Substantial understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX)
- Substantial knowledge of financial concepts and principles
Edwards Lifesciences will be initially based in Shannon Co. Clare, 20 kilometers from Limerick City. The Mid West base will offer employees an excellent work life balance in an area which has recently undergone a major economic recovery.
Why Should You Apply?
- To improve patient outcome who suffer from Structural Heart Disease.
- To be part of a unique start up opportunity, where you will gain experience not available in any other company in the Mid- West.
If you like what you have read thus far send your CV to email@example.com or for a confidential discussion, please call Jennifer on 061 512270.