- Reference: GY45023AO
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Limerick
- Category: Science, Pharmaceutical & Food
Summary: Manages employees and/or outside contractors involved in the design and maintenance of facilities and manufacturing equipment. Sustains and grows the maintenance team. Manages projects related to new or modified facilities and production equipment, regulatory compliance and other projects as required to support departmental objectives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Act as a key member of the Facilities management team in providing leadership and direction to support the successful operation of the Facilities Maintenance group at the site.
• Manage a team of employees and outside contractors/vendors who are responsible for maintaining Biopharmaceutical Process Equipment in a qualified state to support the production schedule.
• Participate in the development, implementation and periodic review of maintenance strategies and departmental objectives.
• Work closely with Operations, Systems Support, and Quality functions to ensure Regulatory Compliance (FDA, HPRA, EPA, OSHA, NFPA) and prompt customer service.
• Schedule, track and ensure efficient and effective use of maintenance resources to perform preventive and break down maintenance.
• Create, update, and monitor reports on departmental objectives and activities. Assign tasks, review work and complete appraisals.
• Ensure assigned projects are completed in a timely manner, within budget and with proper regard for safety, regulatory compliance and operational performance.
• Develop and maintain team skills/knowledge in safety, quality, shared values and technology to support department objectives.
• Ensure troubleshooting, repair, and preventive maintenance functions as performed for process equipment, and other designated equipment as required.
• Ensure compliance with all regulatory requirements as related to equipment maintenance functions.
• Utilize technical knowledge to assist in determining root cause of equipment failures and to facilitate corrective actions.
• Investigate and document procedural and operational deviations.
• Create, modify and track change control documentation to equipment and facilities.
• Oversee equipment spare parts inventory and inventory tracking system.
• Lead and implement continuous improvement initiatives.
• Identify, propose and promote opportunities to reduce cost while improving quality.
• Must be available for after hour call-ins for production and utility outages, equipment breakdown, and emergency events.
Education and Experience:
• A Third Level Qualification in Engineering or related area.
• Minimum 8-10 years of relevant industry experience in the design and maintenance of facilities and automated process equipment. Previous experience within a biopharma, pharmaceutical or regulated industry would be a distinct advantage.
• Minimum 5+ years of experience in a people management role ideally within a shift environment.
• Previous experience with equipment reliability methods including preventive & predictive maintenance, TPM, FMEA/RCM
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Ability to build relationships, partnerships and influence and/or enforce decisions with peers and management.
• Strong negotiation, communication and presentation skills across all levels.
• Proven problem solving capability with the ability to provide innovative/alternative approaches which meet business requirements in a compliant manner.
• Highly organized with a proven ability to prioritize and balance work from multiple projects in parallel.
• Able to build trust and respect as a manager of people, with a priority for the development of staff.
• Desire to learn and develop within the organization.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role/company please contact Amy O’Neill on 091-706718 or email email@example.com
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website www.collinsmcnicholas.ie
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our Recruitment Consultants to discuss the latest jobs as well as our job searching tips and videos!