A permanent opportunity has arisen with a leading Galway medical device manufacturer who are looking to hire a Senior Facilities Engineer as they continue to expand.
In your new role, you will provide leadership & expertise on Facilities issues interfacing between consultants, contractors and the business.
It's an exciting position with exposure to many key projects across the Galway site and an excellent opportunity to develop your knowledge and skillset with the group.
Some key responsibilities:
- Providing technical leadership on facilities projects from scope, design, and installation to commissioning and validating rooms/labs and utility equipment. Priorities project deliverables along with key milestones.
- Liaise with the organisation and the facilities design team to ensure the design meets requirements.
- Perform design review, value engineering, and construction management as required
- Prepare and take ownership of project budgets and forecasts and issue scheduled status reports.
- Undertake risk analysis on schedule delivery and priorities & provide solutions
- Manage validation protocols for the handover of building/plant, including updating maintenance procedures and routines for main plant and utilities.
- Support the Environmental Management System through responsibility for items of civil/mechanical construction/services/contracts; provision and distribution of utilities to achieve Carbon Neutral target by 2030.
Education and Experience:
- Min. HETAC level 8 degree in a related qualification in Engineering
- Other desirable qualifications may include Certified Facilities Management (CFM) and project management (PMP)
- Five years of experience in a similar position.
- Be familiar with FDA/ISO standards and how they should be applied to all facility items such as cleanrooms, air/nitrogen supply, product contact water etc. Support the ISO 9001, 14001, 45001 & 50001 systems.
For a more detailed job specification or a confidential discussion on this role contact Amy Newell.