An exciting opportunity has arisen with a leading Galway, medical device company who are looking for a Senior Equipment Projects Engineer to permanently join their team. This role is based within a unique and immersive engineering function who deliver innovative and effective automated equipment and systems solutions for equipment.
The Senior Equipment Projects Engineer will be a vital team addition, working on equipment that creates life changing medical device products in a multi-national environment.
As the Senior Equipment Projects Engineer, you will engage with equipment requests from internal customers to define the scope of equipment needs, develop concept solutions and provide cost estimates with respect to the agreed scope. It is an exciting and growing function and you will join a diverse and experienced team.
Key Activities of the Role:
- Talk to equipment owners to understand their manufacturing challenges and gain a deep understanding of the solutions they require.
- Work with equipment owners to develop the correct user requirement specifications that meet the intended use of the final solution.
- Develop solution concepts in line with quality, service and cost requirements.
- Work with the broader Equipment Team to develop concepts and estimate costings for upcoming projects prior to customer final approval.
- Develop Request for Quotation (RFQ) documents for external vendors to review prior to submission of quotes.
- Work with external vendors to attain accurate quotes for project requirements.
- Prepare and present detailed proposals on solutions within scope.
- Provide detailed handovers to implementation engineering teams.
- Liaise with Project Tech Leads to discuss key project requirements.
Qualifications & Experienced:
- Engineering qualification equivalent to or above NFQ Level 8.
- Minimum of 6 years experience in a similar role.
- Understanding of the principles of current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP).
- Technical knowledge to consult & interpret both Mechanical & Electrical drawing information is preferable.
- Strong communication skills including presenting system concepts to a wider team is essential.
- Ability to network across the organisation and build strong relationships.
- Strong computer MS Office skills (PP, Word, Excel, etc.).
- Must demonstrate an imaginative and creative approach to problem-solving and continuous improvement.
- Self-motivated and demonstrate an energetic work ethic when defining project requirements.
- Fundamental understanding of Project Management Systems, principles, and activities.
- Team performer with proven ability to deliver projects on time and within budget.
- Keen interest in automation and the latest technologies in this field.
For a more detailed and confidential discussion on this role contact Amy Newell.