Senior Environmental, Health & Safety Specialist required with 5 years experience in EHS ideally within medical device/pharma manufacturing facility. Background in 45001 implementation is essential. Galway city.
- Drives the EHS culture across all business units and provide high-quality safety, health and welfare technical leadership.
- Keep up to date on all matters regarding EHS legislation and guidance and keep management and employees informed of their responsibilities under safety, health and welfare at work legislation, environmental legislation and applicable EHS corporate procedures.
- Manages accident investigation process ensuring all accidents are investigated and appropriate corrective and preventive actions are implemented. Report accidents to the HSA as required and manage HSA inspections and associated correspondence.
- Addresses risk prevention opportunities including hazardous materials exposure, spills, releases, accidents, fires, or other unsafe conditions.
- Implements and maintains the Integrated Management Systems for ISO 45001/14001.
- Ensures adequate evacuation and response arrangements are in place for fire and emergency situations.
- Develops and implements site safety and environmental standards and policies.
- Provides guidance and information on introduction of new equipment, machinery and new production lines and cells, ensuring risk assessment is completed and machinery acceptance procedure is adhered to.
- Ensures the process for Contractor Safety Management program and associated prevention plans are in place and reviewed regularly.
- Assists with the identification of EHS training needs. Develop and deliver EHS training programmes as appropriate.
- Education equivalent to a Bachelors’ Degree in Health & Safety, Environmental Protection qualification or related field.
- At least 5 years industrial experience in EHS related area, ideally within medical device/pharma manufacturing facility.
- Qualification in manual handling instruction would be beneficial.
- Previous knowledge of ISO 45001/14001 systems.
- Demonstrated effective communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with others.
- Good training skills and the ability to train employees on various EHS issues.
For a confidential discussion and a more detailed job spec (more information on the role), please contact Noeleen Stewart on 091-706712 or email email@example.com