Senior Environmental Health and Safety Engineer–Hybrid
Our client, a medical device organisation is seeking to hire a Senior Environmental Health and Safety Engineer for their site in Athlone, Co Westmeath.
As an EHS Engineer, you will have the opportunity to tap into your curiosity and collaborate with some of the most innovative and diverse people around the world. Here, you will make an impact by:
- Leading all activities relating to Risk Management by managing the site risk assessment schedule and driving continuous improvement to reduce risks on site.
- Implementing EHS compliance to legislative, Standards, ISO 14001 and ISO 45001 requirements.
- Determining processes relating to Management of Change to ensure EHS requirements have been considered for all new projects / installations, ensuring the process is communicated effectively across site regular and undertake regular reviews to assess new change and completed change requests.
- Supporting the sites sustainability and environmental management program which will enable the site to meet its water, energy and waste goals.
- Creating an EHS excellence culture by promoting and living the spirit of a ‘Safety First’ mindset, supporting business units and EHS Champions to interpret, understand EHS requirements through Tier Board process and monitoring compliance to EHS programs.
Skills and Expertise Required:
- EHS Degree / NEBOSH General Certificate preferred or similar Safety qualification.
- Strong understanding of ISO 14001 and ISO 45001 requirements is essential
- Engineering skills / qualifications is an advantage
- Additional qualifications that could help you succeed even further in this role include:
- Experience with innovative occupational health, wellbeing and behavioral programme’s such as Mental Health First Aid is an advantage
- At least 5 years’ experience working within a busy manufacturing and/or pharmaceutical environment.
- High level of interpersonal skills with an effective and flexible relational style to ensure influence and credibility with senior managers, employees and contingent workers.
Full job spec will be provided to suitable applicants – for more info on this role contact Gillian Nicholson for a confidential discussion.