Our client a Major Multinational here in Galway City are seeking applications from a suitably qualified and experienced Senior Engineering Supervisor (Mechanical Test Lab) for an exciting new project.
- Is an effective people manager, developing and managing a high-performance specialist team of engineers and technicians with strong focus on customer needs, Quality and EHS compliance.
- Provide scientific understanding and technical engineering skills to meet business goals and objectives.
- Ability to coach, lead and enhance the productivity of technical reports within the business.
- Takes a leadership role in implementing new equipment and test methods to enhance the lab systems, constantly promoting awareness of best practices, and making appropriate decisions daily.
- Assures that appropriate resources (personnel, tools, etc.) are maintained to assure Quality System compliance and adherence to company Quality Policy.
- Establishes and promotes a work environment that supports the Quality Policy and Quality System.
- Supports equipment validations: Is fully competent on current validation methodologies.
- Monitor and Support lab finances to ensure the department operates within in a set budget.
- Develop and implement plans to improve and expand lab capabilities to support current and future Mechanical Testing of Commercial and PDP products.
- Participates in the development of less experienced staff by setting an example, providing guidance, and offering counsel.
- Provide a structured framework for training of technical reports.
- Manages day-to-day scheduling and sequencing of testing across two shifts to ensure maximum utilisation of equipment and test resources.
- Develops, maintains, and communicates metrics to appropriate management to help drive continuous quality and efficiency through the department.
- Supports the release and maintenance of all associated department procedures to ensure compliance with Corporate Quality requirements.
- Represents Lab as a prime contact on Mechanical Testing of Commercial and PDP products
- Interacts with senior internal and external personnel on significant matters often requiring coordination between organizations.
Experience & Educational Requirements:
- Honours Degree (NFQ level 8) in an Engineering/Science discipline
- Minimum 3 years supervisory experience required
- Experience within medical device or pharmaceutical industry is essential
- Good technical capabilities, communication skills, teamwork abilities, and initiative.
For more information and a confidential discussion please contact Michelle Mc Inerney
091 706 717