My client, a Global Medical Device Manufacturing Company are seeking a Senior Engineering Manager to join their Galway Structural Heart team.
- You will lead, grow and motivate a highly talented, diverse, world-class performing engineering team responsible for design and development of pioneering transcatheter medical devices and procedures.
- You will participate as a member of the Therapy Delivery Group R&D leadership team.
- As part of the TDG leadership team you will participate in the ongoing development and scaling of the organization in line with business demands and ensure that we have the competencies in place to deliver predictable outcomes.
- You will partner with internal and external experts to maintain and strengthen relevant clinical and technical expertise and to contribute to strategic planning for the TDG organization and within your Therapy area.
- You will grow and nurture cross site and cross functional relationships in a large, multi-site, matrixed organization.
- You will support and ensure achievement of project objectives and milestones with initially complex or undetermined outcomes.
- You will contribute to project decision-making using personal expertise, customer input, and strong engineering and clinical judgment.
- You will manage high-level engineers, and other managers, involved in an array of product development and technology exploration projects.
- You will actively mentor, coach, and ensure career development plans are in place for direct reports.
- You will collaborate with core teams to establish objectives and evaluate progress of direct reports.
- You will be responsible for managing functional cost center budget and resource allocation.
- You will understand and comply with company policies & procedures and external standards & guidance.
- You will generate novel and unique solutions to both engineering and organizational challenges.
- We are looking for a qualified person to Level 8 Degree in Engineering / Science or related discipline, Masters preferred and desirably with 10 years relevant direct engineering experience within a similar environment.
- A minimum of three to five years direct managerial experience of engineers and a career history of demonstrated progressive management experience.
- Excellent team building, communication, people management and leadership skills.
- Dynamic team player and leader and can work effectively and proactively on a global team.
- Experienced in a medical device market and have a proven result driven track record.
- Good communicator and fluent in English, both in writing and speaking.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role please contact Rhys Joyce.