Senior Engineer (Process / Manufacturing)
Our Client, a multinational healthcare company located in Sligo are currently looking for a Senior Engineer to join their growing team.
- To maintain records and documentation on relevant Engineering Procedures, to perform equipment validation.
- To liaise with Internal/External Engineering Personnel and contract maintenance providers.
- To coordinate the implementation of projects
- Manage and supervise external contractors.
- Have external contacts with outside contractors/services engineers and commissioning engineers, safety inspectors etc.
- Establish department goals, schedules and timetables for activities.
- Assist with the management and supporting of equipment development.
- Develops monthly engineering metrics.
- Identification and implementation of equipment related cost improvement projects.
- Management of relevant budgets within target.
- Cross train within engineering.
- Implementation of equipment/process upgrade in an environment of continuous improvement.
- Support the Engineering Team in ensuring that equipment is maintained to meet the required legal, divisional and corporate standards.
- Ensure the effective management of appropriate internal and external plant projects.
- Implementation of all relevant policies relating to Personnel, Quality, Engineering, Safety
- Negotiate cost / quality effective external contracts.
- Proceduralise and close gaps relating to plant and line engineering practices.
- Prepare appropriate CAPA plans and implement timelines.
- Provide engineering technical expertise in the form of project identification, development and management.
- Manage projects by developing a project schedule, tracking costs, preparing status reports, conducting team meetings, and communicating issues and progress to management.
- Prepare Request for Capital Investments including project description, schedule, budget and resource requirements.
- Lead the development and execution of experimentation and testing to enable characterization, optimization and troubleshooting of key processes and equipment. Summarize, analyze and draw conclusions from test results leading to effective technical resolution.
- Validation of equipment and processes. Generate validation documentation (URS, IQ, OQ, PQ and process characterization studies & validation reports) and assist in the execution of protocols for equipment & processes.
- Supervise vendors in the performance of contracted services including the installation of new equipment and processes.
- Design and development of tooling and fixtures for the introduction of new products and improvement of existing processes.
- Understand and comply with all the regulations governing the quality systems.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Engineering, Mechanical/Mechatronics or closely related discipline.
- 2 years’ experience in Engineering supervisory position and/ or 5 years’ experience of operations in healthcare type industry.
- Detailed functional knowledge required of wide range of equipment.
- Strong Technical Engineering knowledge
- Knowledge of Software packages such as project management, spreadsheets, word processing etc.
- Knowledge of DOE and statistical analysis desirable.
- Previous experience in the design and development of machinery desirable.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Davin Ferguson on 0719140251 or email firstname.lastname@example.org