A Senior Electronic Engineer is required on a permanent basis with a leading medical device company based in Galway.
Salary is dependable on experience. Benefits package included such as; Bonus, Healthcare and pension
- Development of Product Test Systems to be used as part of the manufacture of electro-mechanical Medical Devices.
- Design of electrical and s/w driven systems for the purposes of product verification.
- Generate test system requirements/specifications.
- Drive test system qualification/validation activities.
- Direct external contractors in the manufacture of test systems/sub-systems.
- Partner with Product Development to generate DFM/DFT requirements in Product Design and support Product Design Qualification.
- Represent the Test development function at technical reviews.
- Partner with Manufacturing Engineering Department to ensure the highest standards of practice related to EHS, GMP, process optimization.
- Engage in troubleshooting activity related to improving test yields.
- Generate costings, task lists and schedule detail for the purposes of project management.
Key Skills & Experience
- Minimum of a level 8 degree in Electronic Engineering (or closely related discipline)
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in the development of electronic systems.
- Medical Device Industry experience an advantage
- Familiar with analogue, signal conditioning data acquisition, transducer interfacing, power supply and microprocessor-based designs
- Knowledge and experience of C language, LabWindows/CVI and/or LabView would be a distinct advantage
- Experience of working within quality system requirements, within a regulatory framework and formal design controls is desirable
- Excellent Problem-Solving Skills
- Ability to manage workload effectively and efficiently
- Dynamic, positive attitude and action oriented