- Reference: CJ46550
- Job Type: Contract
- Location: Cork, Cork City, Munster
- Category: Health & safety
The position will support the EHS Lead Role in the deployment and implementation of EHSS requirements and standards in project design and commissioning phases.
- Support the EHS lead in delivery of strategic, tactical and operational plans to execute EHS G&O’s.
- Act as Senior EHS representative on all EHS aspects as directed by EHS Lead.
- Fully engage with the site functions, interface programs and governance to ensure safe and compliant design, construction and commissioning
- Frontline daily reviews of EHS interface with key site contacts that can impact the site or site EHS impact including:
– Regular EHS meetings, reviews, walk-downs and audits as per site/project procedures and schedules.
– Liaise with Construction Safety person to align on distinct roles and responsibilities.
– Approval of work permits in interface areas and where required support the Construction Safety person on main construction site
– Work with all Job Supervisors to achieve a common understanding and shared commitment to the project objectives
– Involve workers in discussions around risk assessments, method statements, SPA, JSA and other documentation, and use this as a basis for daily briefings to maintain high situational awareness.
– Ensure that there are effective communication arrangements to inform all personnel of key issues including progress, lessons to be learned from incidents, campaigns, and programmes of risk control.
– Work with and advise the normal (day to day) site EHS site team and area Supervisors to ensure the site is fully aware of project safety requirements as necessary.
- Ensure Design drawings are reviewed as required to ensure compliance with EHS requirements.
- Review commissioning safety plan with specific focus on schedule. Pay special attention to new global PTW system requirements.
- Support any investigations of EHS&S accidents/ incidents if any and ensure timely reporting and escalation as per EHSS procedures.
- Support the communication structures for full collaboration between all parties to ensure two-way communication, engagement and collaboration.
- Ensure a comprehensive interface plan and communication plan is in place between Client services and operations and activities related to commissioning and validation to avoid any potential risks.
- Support EHS Lead in the execution of comprehensive:
– Execution of comprehensive Commissioning and handover phase EHS verification and assessment for EHS Clearance by area/process/equipment to ensure project meets regulatory requirements and standards.
– Ensure that every system/process/area has a EHS Clearance completed (EHS and Project ‘System Owner’ sign off) and critical actions are closed prior to handover and the introduction of hazardous materials into any system
– Ensure Pre-Start up safety reviews (PSSR’s) capture all the requirements from EHS by Design, URS, HAZOP, consultants report etc.
– Review and agree interface risks e.g. Green Tag (Mechanical completion) and Blue Tag (Pre-Commissioning / Functional & Performance testing) before handover to Client
– Facilitate the induction and EHS training of all new operators and staff
– Ensure final project is 100% audit ready to regulatory standards
– Compilation, filing and retention (hard and soft copy) as required of EHS/project related information in an audit ready state
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Requirements:
- Relevant years of experience: 5+ years
- He/she will have a strong EHS general/technical knowledge and experience in the Bio pharma industry or equivalent, be a strong effective communicator to all involved stakeholders.
Education and Experience:
- Advanced degree in Sciences, Engineering, Occupational Safety, Environmental Sciences or related field. Engineering preferred.
- Broad technical expertise in the different fields of EHS&S with a focus on Construction Safety preferably in a chemical, petrochemical, medical device, or a pharmaceutical-manufacturing environment
- Experience in risk management particularly associated with HAZOP/process safety, machine safety, pressurized systems and safe isolation of hazardous energies
- Experience support EHS in large projects.
- Proven track record of delivering agreed-upon expectations.
- A strong communicator & influencer who is credible, self-assured and highly capable of negotiating successful outcomes with site stakeholders (managers, leads, contractors, front line workers). S/he will have strong technical skills and the ability to explain complex issues and requirements in an easily understood manner. S/he will apply previous learning and ideas to new situations, projects and teams, developing creative solutions to manage risk to a reasonably practicable level.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the necessary capabilities to understand and find solutions for complex technical/regulatory issues
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Aisling on 021 4809118 or email email@example.com
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website www.collinsmcnicholas.ie
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our Recruitment Consultants to discuss the latest jobs, our job searching tips & videos!