Our client, a leading healthcare company, is keen to hire a Senior EHS Specialist to join their team on a permanent basis in Longford.
As a Senior EHS Specialist you will ensure compliance with all relevant EHS legislation and assist in developing systems and procedures that optimise safety, health and environmental performance.
As a Senior EHS Specialist, you will be responsible for the following:
- Develop, implement and maintain EHS training programs to include chemical management REACH, CLP), environmental management, machine/equipment safety
- Coordinate site environmental management programmes, driving continuous improvement initiatives including energy, water, and waste reduction
- Identify, report and trend EHS metrics through an internal tier report structure
- Support the EHS incident management process on site. Manage EHS incidents to closure, including root cause analysis and CAPA management
- Perform EHS risk assessments such as: area, biological, chemical; ergonomic, new and or modified equipment, task based etc, and make recommendations to control hazards
- Coordinate and conduct internal EHS auditing and inspection ensuring actions are tracked to closure
- Develop, implement, and maintain EHS training programs
- Support EHS training and inductions for new hires, ongoing refresher training for existing staff
(Full job spec available upon request)
- Third-level qualification in Environmental Science/ Health & Safety/ Chemical Engineering
- Working as an EHS Specialist/SME within a Pharmaceutical /Chemical/Medical Devices manufacturing facility with a minimum of 3 years experience
- Experience working in the pharmaceutical sector or other similar regulated manufacturing sector
To find out more information on this Senior EHS Specialist role, please contact Chloe Somers