We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced Senior EHS Specialist to join a leading medical device company in Longford. This role is a permanent, full-time, position. In this role, you will be responsible for ensuring compliance with all relevant EHS legislation and developing systems and procedures to optimize environmental, health & safety performance. You will be expected to build relationships across the business to ensure active compliance with EHS programs and promote a culture of continuous improvement.
What You'll Receive
- Competitive salary.
- 21 days annual leave.
- Educational assistance.
Responsibilities | Detailed Job Description Available on Request
As a Senior EHS Specialist, your duties will involve:
- Developing, implementing, and monitoring environmental, health & safety programs to ensure compliance with all applicable government regulations and company technical standards.
- Developing and maintaining EHS training programs for chemical management, environmental management, machine/equipment safety, and more.
- Coordinate site environmental management programs, drive continuous improvement initiatives such as energy, water, and waste reduction, and identify and address site EHS issues and concerns.
- Performing EHS risk assessments and making recommendations to control hazards.
- Coordinating and conducting internal EHS audits and inspections.
- Ensuring compliance with legislation and company technical standards regarding contractor management.
- Promoting, implementing, and participating in various EHS committees such as safety, waste, energy, and DGSA.
As a Senior EHS Specialist, you are required to have:
- A degree in Environmental Science, Health & Safety, or Chemical Engineering.
- 3 years of experience working as an EHS Specialist/SME within a Pharmaceutical/Chemical/Medical Devices manufacturing facility.
- Knowledge of EHS legislation for a facility operating within Ireland/Europe.
- Experience in ISO management systems implementation, including ISO 14001, 45001, and 50001.
If this Senior EHS Specialist role interests you, please contact Emma Cawley today.