Our client, a leading medical device company based in Longford is recruiting a Senior EHS Specialist to join their team. In this role, you will have the capability to participate in detailed risk assessments/process safety reviews for existing hazardous processes, new product introductions, & engineering capital projects. Attention to detail and sound scientific problem solving will be fundamental to this role.
- Develop & lead process safety program on site to define best practice for individual operations/engineering design with respect to process safety ATEX, machinery safety, and industrial hygiene requirements.
- Develop & lead HAZOP/ process risk assessments plan.
- Collaborate with departments in the development of the ATEX Site Program, Explosion protection documentation, associated drawings and training.
- Support the engineering department in the application of Process Safety elements as per the project development stages for both capital projects and new process introduction.
- Lead and support on site audits, to ensure compliance with applicable process safety requirements, ISO Standards and global standards, utilizing best industrial practices and best available techniques to identify and manage risk, conform to company directives and standards.
- Complete and review process safety incident investigation and risk assessment screening for management of change.
- Collect process safety metrics, develop site dashboard for key program, monitor EHS improvement of assigned processes.
- Champion a culture of process safety excellence and manage and eradicate EHS operational risks and hazards to ensure accident/ hazard free work environment.
- Work together with managers/supervisors when coordinating investigation of incidents and injuries to achieve accurate and timely completion.
- Responsible for continual improvements on the environmental footprint and increase sustainability.
- Provide feedback on operational safety and environmental performance regularly and ensure At-risk-behaviors and At-risk-conditions are addressed.
- Collaboratively work with specific departments to provide instruction and training to supervisors on EHS program initiatives, and support on implementation of EHS Management system. Track all corrective measures to ensure they are effective and completed speedily.
- Training of employees, managers and supervisors on the implementation of the process safety program.
Education & Competencies:
- Chemical Safety.
- A degree in Chemical Engineering or another relevant engineering or scientific discipline.
- At least 3-5 years' related industry experience (pharmaceutical /medical devices experience is an advantage).
- Experience working within a regulatory environment
- Positive track record of establishing and maintaining effective relationships with internal and external clients and customers.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully negotiate with and influence peers and customers and external vendors.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
For a confidential discussion and more information on this Senior EHS Specialist role, please contact Aideen Cummins.