Our client a global leading engineering solutions company is seeking to hire a Senior EHS Advisor on a permanent basis. This position will be based in Cork, travel is only required onsite when needed. A hybrid working model is available. In this role, you will monitor EHS compliance onsite, you will work closely with site management and you will develop site EHS procedures ensuring environmental safety.
Overview of Main Responsibilities (full job description available on request):
- Management of EHS Management System on site to comply with legislation, company procedures and ISO 45001 / ISO 14001
- Promote a positive H&S culture on-site with Site Management, Sub-contractors and direct staff, with an ability to motivate and encourage towards set goals
- Maintain and update of relevant EHS plans and documents on site, eg. H&S Plan, Environmental Plan, SWMP etc.
- Collaborate with and provide advice to Site Management
- Liaise with Client, PSDP and design team as required
- Develop and finalise Risk Assessments / Method Statements with the Site Team
- Work closely with both the client & project team as well as Subcontractors to ensure the safe and efficient delivery of the project.
What the ideal Senior EHS Officer looks like:
- Health & Safety Degree/Diploma
- Experience in an EHS role ideally within the Electrical or Civils or Infrastructure sectors
- Previous experience within the MV/HV Power, Solar or Wind industry is an advantage
- Member of IOSH or working towards this accreditation
- Strong IT skills specifically with MS Office software
What you will get in return:
- Competitive Salary
- Company Vehicle
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Alicja Burchardt.