Senior Desktop Analyst – Our client, Edwards Lifesciences are offering a unique and exciting opportunity in the Mid- West to be part of Start-Up.
We are exclusively working with Edwards Lifesciences a world leading Medical Device company. If you have a passion for improving the lives of patients with structural heart disease, please read on.
Edwards Lifesciences is driven by a passion to help patients, the company collaborates with the world’s leading clinicians and researchers to address unmet healthcare needs, working to improve patient outcomes and enhance lives.
We’re looking for a Senior Desktop Analyst that can satisfy the following requirements;
- Oversee (often w/o constant supervision) and perform ad hoc and planned onsite Desktop Support duties (including ticket volume management, service level attainment, and maniacal focus on exceeding customer expectations) and escalations as needed
- Serve as Onsite IT Focal for various IT Services (eg. Networking, Applications, et al) not only as a liaison between IT and local Business partners, but when appropriate perform IT duties as the onsite “hands and feet” with guidance from remote SME’s as needed
- Asses various Desktop Support and IT Service data (eg. tickets, SCCM, Asset, etc) and help drive defects from the environment and improvement across all IT Service areas at the site
- Order equipment in line with Edwards global standards and maintain inventory without exceeding budget for site
- Work with IT and Business management to prioritize business and information needs
- Technical degree with 2 years’ experience in the area of computer science, information technology or related field required OR 4 years of experience in related IT hardware / software technician role required
- Microsoft Certified Desktop Technician preferred
- CompTIA A+ Certification preferred
- Ability to manage users and PC’s using Active Directory required
- Proficient in Microsoft suite of applications (Windows 2008 and Windows 2012 server, Windows 7, Microsoft Office and Outlook)
- Ability to perform IT hardware and software diagnostics and repairs (Laptops, desk tops, mobile computing devices, peripherals, IP Phones, handheld scanners, etc.)
- Ability to configure, use and maintain CISCO IP Phones preferred
- Effective cable management skills to maintain organized work stations and data closets required
- Ability to adapt and learn new technologies as needed
- Strong written and verbal skills required
- Problem Solving skills including Trouble shooting techniques required
- Strong customer service focused skills required
- Strong organization and time management skills required
- High level of professionalism during interactions with customers and vendors
- Using PC Images to configure computers for deployment / redeployment required
- Experience using Help Desk ticketing software to manage service tickets and document support provided
- Experience with platforms and applications (e.g, Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft Outlook/Office365, Internet Explorer, Windows 7, Active Directory, Virtual Private Network (VPN), MobilePASS (one-time password software authentication solution for VPN access)
- Experience using Help Desk ticketing software to manage service tickets
- Good written and verbal communication, interpersonal, and relationship building skills
- Adhere to all EHS rules and requirements and take adequate control measures in preventing injuries to themselves and others as well as to the protection of environment and prevention of pollution under their span of influence/control
Edwards Lifesciences will be based in Shannon Co. Clare, 20 kilometers from Limerick City. The Mid West base will offer employees an excellent work life balance in an area which has recently undergone a major economic recovery.
Why Should You Apply?
- To improve patient outcome who suffer from Structural Heart Disease.
- To be part of a unique start up opportunity, where you will gain experience not available in any other company in the Mid- West.
If you like what you have read thus far send your CV to email@example.com or for a confidential discussion, please call Michael on 061 512270.