An exciting new opportunity to join a Major Multinational here in Galway City. Our client is looking to hire a Senior Design Assurance Engineer.
- Apply knowledge of design control principles and quality engineering techniques throughout the product development process.
- Identify and manage risk using a FMECA and/or other risk management tools.
- Ability to independently lead investigations to identify system/product failures, hazards, hazardous situations, and harms.
- Establish verification and validation strategies with R&D and Regulatory to assure an efficient approval path.
- Develop master test plans that encompass design verification, design validation and process validation activities that are sufficient to meet regulatory requirements and quality objectives.
- Provide input to design and manufacturing deliverables including material specifications, drawings, inspection procedures, and manufacturing procedures, to ensure that the resulting products can be adequately manufactured and tested.
- Develops, coordinates and conducts technical reliability studies and evaluations of engineering design concepts and design of experiments (DOE) constructs.
- Apply understanding of anatomy & physiology with engineering knowledge in materials and processes to come up with designs.
- Interface effectively and build relationships with team members, other staff and key technology and component suppliers, both locally and globally.
- Works independently to plan and schedule own activities necessary to meet timelines.
- Develops, modifies, applies, and maintains quality standards and protocol for processing materials into partially finished or finished materials products.
- Collaborates with engineering and manufacturing functions to ensure quality standards are in place.
- Devises and implements methods and procedures for inspecting, testing, and evaluating the precision and accuracy of products and production equipment.
- Designs or specifies inspection and testing mechanisms and equipment; conducts quality assurance tests, and performs statistical analysis to assess the cost of and determine the responsibility for products or materials that do not meet required standards and specifications.
- Ensures that corrective measures meet acceptable reliability standards and that documentation is compliant with requirements.
- May specialize in the areas of design, incoming material, production control, product evaluation and reliability, inventory control, and/or research and development as they apply to product or process quality.
- Requires advanced knowledge of job area combining breadth and depth, typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
- May have practical knowledge of project management.
- Requires a Level 8 in a relevant field.
- Minimum of 4 years of relevant experience, or advanced degree with a minimum of 2 years relevant experience.
- You are a dynamic team player, can work effectively and proactively on cross-functional teams with good communication and technical writing skills.
- Initiates and Leads Change, Collaborates and Creates Alignment, Drives Accountability, and thinks Critically, and Makes Sound Decisions.
For a confidential discussion and more information about the role please contact Michelle Mc Inenrey
091 706 717