- Functions as a primary contributor in designing, coding, testing, debugging, documenting and supporting all types of DW / OLTP applications consistent with established specifications and business requirements to deliver business value.
- Gather business requirements, elicit technical requirements, and prepare specifications together with business area.
- Design, Develop & Test components across development, test, production environments and implementation support as necessary.
- Devises data verification and quality checks and system standard procedures that will be used to support Enterprise DW/BI platforms.
- Develops complete descriptions of all specifications and solutions as required.
- The Data Engineer also plays a key role in technological decision making for the future data, analysis, and reporting needs. He supports the business’s daily operations inclusive of troubleshooting and identify delivery mechanisms for acquiring and reporting such information as well as addressing the actual needs.
- Shift work is a requirement of this role.
- University degree in Computer Science or similar, technical subject.
- At least 5-7 years relevant work experience.
- Expert level of knowledge with Informatica 10, Oracle RDBMS (Exa) & DWH concepts, SQL/PL-SQL, Java, Unix, Shell scripting and Control-M.
- ETL fine tuning skills and data modelling skills are absolute necessary.
- Extreme fluency in SQL, SQL/PL-SQL, Oracle Exadata is needed.
- Knowledge on Financial Markets, systems and process will be an added advantage.
- Experience with Real-time technologies (wire protocol like AMQP and TCP/IP) will be an added advantage.
- Know-How on Java, Spark & BI reporting will be an added advantage.
- Good understanding of Data Lake, Operational Data store and DWH concepts is needed.
- Exposure to Bigdata platforms e.g. Cloudera / Data bricks etc will be added advantage.
- Experience in CI/CD pipeline and exposure to DevOps methodologies will be considered as added advantage.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in German and English with the ability to interact with business and technical IT management teams.
- Additionally, you need to be a team player with good communication skills, problem-solving skills, highly motivated, flexible, and service-minded and the willingness for hands-on work across different projects.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Aideen Kehoe on 021-4911061 or email email@example.com