Video for this job
This position will report to the Director of Software Innovation, you will join their team in Tullamore in the development of global scale data offerings.
Working within an Agile environment, the Senior Data Analyst will review, analyse and evaluate data captured within their systems and present the data to stakeholders along with detailed insights garnered from the data.
Developing striking and meaningful visualisations, the Data Analyst will help stakeholders understand the business conditions they are operating in as well as advise on trends and guide future actions based on powerful predictive analytics.
Delivering high value to our customers is part of our customer centric approach and as such the Analyst will work with customer representatives to fully understand their data needs and formulating solutions to advance overall business strategies through data.
The Senior Data Analyst will also work with development colleagues to improve the underlying data architecture and persistence technologies that enable the continuous delivery of value both to our customers and internally.
This is a vital role for delivering our Data Strategy, and the ideal candidate will have senior level experience developing compelling visualisations and analytics for use in large-scale web applications and will be responsible for providing thought leadership and mentoring to the team on the use of data, leading through their actions every day.
- Develop an understanding of core business data from the perspective of value to the customer
- Gather data, design and deliver comprehensive and detailed analytical reports and dashboards to provide customer insights
- Produce impactful data visualisations for use in reporting, dashboards, and for inclusion in products
- Maintain high levels of data quality by developing and applying data quality measures
- Acquire relevant data from third party sources and integrate into core data sets to enrich offerings
- Recommend data security and privacy controls by identifying problems; writing improved procedures
- Work with our academic partners in the development of new analytic algorithms and provide thought leadership within the team on data management practices, technology, and analytics.
- Mentor junior team members and facilitate skills development and transfer
- Stay up-to-date with new tools and technologies and facilitate their introduction
- 10+ years’ experience delivering enterprise Business Intelligence and Analytics solutions
- Strong data visualisation skills, experienced in technologies like Tableau, QlikView, PowerBI, or similar
- Familiarity with relational database concepts, data warehousing, ETL, and techniques for wrangling multiple data sources.
- Familiarity with DAMA Data Management principles an advantage
- Experienced in SQL, Python, and messaging or data streaming technologies (Kafka, ActiveMQ or similar)
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- Familiarity with JIRA, Confluence, MS Teams/Slack
- Strong interpersonal skills, especially written and verbal communications and a proactive ability to work with local colleagues and remote teams
- Degree level education in an area such as Mathematics, Statistics, Data Science, or Software Engineering
For further information on this position please contact Gillian at firstname.lastname@example.org or call me directly on