We have an excellent opportunity for a Senior Cost Accountant with one of the leading multinational manufacturers in Cork. In this role, you will act as a partner to the Production and Support functions and be responsible for key areas of the Annual Standards Setting process, playing a lead role in the Planning & Analysis activities of the Finance Department. Permanent role with hybrid working options. Competitive overall package and based on the south side of Cork city.
Overview of responsibilities (full job spec available on request):
- Support the Annual Standard Costing process for the site.
- Responsible for ensuring inventory is valued correctly and in line with corporate policies.
- Responsible for Scrap Reporting & Scorecards and review of Production Yield with the business units & core teams.
- Provide information on key metrics for the site to support decision-making and strategic planning.
- Participation in and coordination of the Management Accounting month-end close process.
- Support as part of cross-functional teams to establish full product costing for new products introduced to the facility.
- Drive accountability within the business and improve information flow between Finance & our business partners.
- Involvement in projects both local and corporate as required.
What the ideal candidate looks like:
- 5+ years PQE in Financial Planning & Analysis within a fast-paced manufacturing environment
- Ability to proactively identify and resolve issues using an analytical approach.
- Strong record of relationship building, collaboration and influencing key stakeholders.
- Demonstrated experience of coaching & mentoring members of a Finance Team.
- Proven track record of identifying & implementing process improvements.
- Financial ERP system knowledge (SAP a distinct advantage).
What you will get in return:
- Competitive salary
- Health insurance
- Pension contribution
- Career progression
- Onsite gym and canteen
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Michael O’Brien.