My client, A leading software development company based in Galway is currently looking to hire an experienced Senior Cloud Engineer as they embark on designing a large-scale, enterprise-ready, cloud-based platform for over 100,000 clients. Within this role, you will be given full autonomy and ownership over the tools/technology and approach used. Along with being given the opportunity to work in their global R&D center on this exciting greenfield project. The Senior Cloud Engineer will also be granted multi-cloud exposure as they will operate on all major cloud platforms.
- Your role will be to help define and refine requirements and lead the implementation of a zero-trust security architecture across the company's Cloud platform.
- The Senior Cloud Engineer will help build a new R&D team from the ground up.
- Specifically, your focus will be on building out advanced security solutions on the platform in the areas of authorization, hardware attestation, secrets management, and authentication.
- As a Senior Cloud Engineer, you will integrate into a multisite organization, delivering a large cloud solution, using a scalable agile framework, continuous integration, continuous delivery, and ground-up test automation.
- You will be responsible for technically coaching junior members of the team and supporting their technology maturation. Your team's components will integrate seamlessly with other parts of the platform.
- The role is technical. You will be required to cultivate your technical knowledge and create a culture of continuous learning.
- You will work with supporting R&D functions to help groom requirements and iteratively refine them.
- You will be an advocate for the core technical principles of the organization.
- Trust and integrity are core principles of the organization. You will be a leader in this regard.
- The client uses a suite of contemporary technologies typically of any large native cloud development: AWS, Azure, GCP integrating technologies and tools, Python, Linux scripting, Kubernetes, and Docker.
- M.Sc. in Computer Science or equivalent
- Working knowledge of cloud-native development
- 6+ years’ experience as a software developer
- System thinking skills
- Working experience with CI/CD, open source cloud development tools
- Strong communication skills (written and oral)
- Willingness to work with teams across time zones
- An ability to consistently harness targeted value from your team
What you'll get in return:
- Competitive salary and benefits package.
- Career progression opportunities – company promotes from within.
- Training on new tools and technology.
- Hybrid working arrangements – good work/life balance
For further information on this opportunity or a confidential discussion please contact Cathal Herron
Cathal.email@example.com / +353 90 645 0660