Chemical Production Operator | Limerick
Exciting opportunity to join Ortec Inc. in their brand new facility in Newcastle West, Limerick. The Chemical Production Operator will be responsible for all aspects of personal safety, product quality, and production efficiency in the manufacturing of chemical blends/products according to customers' specifications and schedules. Previous experience in a GMP facility is required with experience in Vessels/Reactors preferred.
Duties will include the operation of reactors as well as filling, loading, and unloading of systems and auxiliary equipment. This position must operate and document batch processes to follow ISO, GMP, and HSAOSHA regulations.
Overview of Main Responsibilities (full job description available on request):
- Operates production equipment and monitors process conditions, key performance metrics, equipment and control systems in order to make appropriate decisions to maintain and/or achieve desired rates and conditions
- Batch manufacturing including weighing and charging raw materials to vessels and tanks, transferring products from vessels to storage tanks and other containers
- Complete raw material verification process to ensure that only the correct and approved raw materials are charged
- Follows company policies, principles, procedures, standards, and practices to ensure safe and reliable operation. The employee will be trained in the cGMP requirements applicable to their responsibilities. cGMP principles and practices will be applied in all work assignments
- Demonstrates excellent GDP (Good Documentation Practice) ensuring high standards are maintained.
- Work in a Clean Room environment.
- Trains other employees on various steps when necessary and with agreement.
- Read, record and interpret data from instruments, reactors, pumps, etc. to adjust as required to affect efficient and safe operations
- Understand the key process variables which impact product and quality/consistency and understand how to control and troubleshoot them
- Maintains good housekeeping and work areas to GMP standards and assist in general clean-up.
- Safely operate forklift, lifts and hand trucks
- Provide technical support and assistance to chemists and engineers
- Accurately documents data on batch records, graphs, and charts
- Assist with inventory of materials to maintain supplies
- Assist with new chemical engineering processes or production techniques
- Abide by all company and HSAOSHA safety standards set for work areas
- Abide by all applicable FDA and Quality standards
What the ideal candidate looks like:
- Minimum – Leaving Cert or equivalent.
- Forklift experience is preferred.
- Minimum 5 years experience in a similar role.
- Experience working with Vessels/Reactors.
- Previous experience in a GMP environment is essential.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Aisling Lane.