Senior Buyer Planner required for a new company setting up their operation in Galway city.
At least 5 years relevant medical device supply chain experience is preferred. Start Up.
Manage and coordinate material requirements in support of the company’s objectives and operations strategies. Assure that supply requirements are filled in a timely and cost-effective manner and that stocking levels are maintained within established guidelines to include all operational aspects of materials including but not limited to: Supplier purchase terms, delivery schedules, performance measurements, inventory management and obsolescence. Maintain effective supplier performance levels as company develops strategic alliances with suppliers. Strong collaboration with other Operations functions, Quality and R&D is required.
- Efficiently and effectively schedule 3rd party supplier activities to ensure demands are processed and delivered on time to meet customer and R&D demands.
- Process purchase requisitions, purchase orders and requests for quotes to suppliers.
- Research and evaluate Suppliers based upon price, quality, selection, service, support, availability, reliability, production and distribution capacity and capabilities.
- Prepare and support putting Supplier Agreements in place as needed.
- Responsible for operational supplier management, supporting Supplier Development, execution of supplier continuous improvement process, expediting late and critical Purchase Order, and monitoring and communicating Supplier Performance results (supplier scorecards)
- Support supplier audits.
- Maintain proper inventory levels of raw materials using Lean Supply Chain techniques.
- Advise the business of industry competitive situations, alternate supply sources, raw material commodity price trends and supply/demand situations which may impact the business.
- Plan and develop operating policies, guidelines and procedures for control of the Supply Chain to comply with regulatory requirements.
- Demonstrate a strong commitment to teamwork and Quality System requirements.
- Perform related duties and responsibilities as required
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or a related field with at least five years of relevant medical device supply chain experience is preferred.
- Experience working in high-regulated field according to standards/regulatory requirements and under a quality management system
- Having CPIM Certification or equivalent is an advantage.
- Must have sound knowledge and experience of supply chain processes and procedures including demand planning, production/supply planning and replenishment processes.
- Must be a change champion, willing to adopt new ideas and drive change through Lean principles.
- Demonstrated ability to meeting deadlines and expectations while ensuring overall quality of delivery and a demonstrated ability to build effective business relationships across all levels of business is a must.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Noeleen Stewart.