As Senior Buyer Planner, a key member of the Manufacturing Team you will plan production within the organization and be responsible for Inventory management. You will liaise with other team members to ensure that material and production orders are available in a timely manner.
The role includes responsibility for monitoring key supplier performance indicators, on time delivery, inventory accuracy and managing & building tactical relationships with suppliers is key.
Senior Buyer Planner Responsibilities:
- Manage and review product delivery, availability to meet committed service levels while delivering to inventory targets.
- Place PO’s, resolve invoice queries, prepare forecasts
- Supplier management – Coordinate & manage principle & sub- tiers
- Managing & build tactical relationships with suppliers
- Support to key strategic projects involoving cost reduction & inventory reduction strategies & programs
- Management of Purchase orders for direct & non direct requirements
- Development of processes & SOP documentation.
- Will comply with all relevant training required and adhere to relevant associated documentation.
Skills and Experiences:
- Qualified or studying for Supply Chain related qualification (APICS, IIPMM etc)
- 5 years manufacturing experience in a Supply Chain environment ( purchasing/ planning/inventory control)
- Working knowledge of Oracle/SAP MPS & MRP.
- Working knowledge of Quality Systems (FDA/ISO) within a regulated environment.
- Competent in MS Access, Excel, Oracle /ERP & query development (Excel & Word)
- Good communicator and inter personnel skills
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Function well under pressure & handles multiple priorities.
- Motivated self starter with confidence to managing a 3rd party supplier is essential
- Ability to plan, organize, and implement multiple concurrent task
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Tina Egan.