Senior Buyer Planner
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Buyer Planner to join an established multinational medical device manufacturing company on a permanent contract here in Cork. In this role, the individual will perform senior-level Production Planning and Supplier Management activities to support the Cork Operations. They will deliver best practices that support a large-scale SI&OP process and a complex purchasing portfolio and leads a team to deliver operational excellence.
· Drive Sales Inventory and Operations Planning for the site to support service and cost performance.
· Utilise existing MRP and demand planning systems to develop an effective data-based planning & purchasing platform.
· Motivate and develop a team to support end-to-end supply chain management and develop key skillsets within the team.
· Establish programs and processes to deliver year-on-year improvements in service, cost and inventory performance.
· Develop strategic working relationships across all elements of supply chain (Global Supply Chain, Global Sourcing, Operations, Distribution, Suppliers etc).
· Complete high-level analysis of critical supply chain events, using data to influence senior leadership team.
· Communicate with clarity and establish a strong voice of the customer across the site.
· Foster a culture of Continuous Improvement to support site lean initiatives.
· Driving long-term capacity & supply plans for all products.
· Provide leadership on New Product Launch Strategies and Introduction.
· Managing Material Supply to ensure Manufacturing commitments are achieved as well as Corporate and Plant objectives. Providing timely and appropriate Material availability information to internal customers.
· Support annual site budget process determining volumes for Finished Goods and Raw to support Earnings, Headcount and Purchase costs
· Lead analysis of Excess, Expired and Obsolescence in accordance with Financial process
· Act as Purchasing SME (both Quality and Financial) to support internal and external audit and compliance requirements.
· Third level qualification such as a Business Degree in Supply Chain or related field is required.
· Subject Matter Expert Knowledge in SAP and MRP Systems
· Subject Matter Expert Knowledge in Rapid Response (Kinaxis)
· Experience in leading Sales and Operations Planning
· Strong Communication Skills with the ability to influence broadly.
· Knowledge of End to End Supply Chain
· NPI / Integration Experience.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Megan O’Doherty.