Senior Buyer required with 8 years experience across sourcing, planning, engineering or
manufacturing process development. Galway and Shannon.
- Aligns local activities with Corporate Sourcing strategy for all related commodities and procedures.
- Implements global commodity and supplier strategies to achieve challenging year-over-year cost reduction results through supplier collaboration and competition.
- Works closely with all functions, particularly with supply chain, Engineering, Operations and other key internal customers.
- Creates project plans, implementation strategies, and executes plans. Performs sophisticated analyses of market dynamics.
- Internal/External customer focus to address complex issues. Helps to devise and implement improvement strategies to processes, procedures and project flow in Sourcing.
- Investigates and analyzes supplier’s financial condition, technical competence, facilities and production techniques to ensure adequate supplier capacity and capability.
- Develops contingency plans for assigned commodities and/or strategic suppliers.
- Negotiate prices and follow competitive bidding procedures when necessary to ensure the lowest total cost for specific materials, interacting with other departments when necessary.
- Reviewing requisitions and conferring with departments regarding requirements, specifications, quantity and quality of merchandise, and delivery requirements. Recommending alternate suppliers where a savings in cost or improved delivery will result.
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, accounting or other business discipline (MBA preferred).
- Minimum 8 years of sourcing, planning, engineering or manufacturing process development experience of which 5 of these should be in a senior position. with a strong understanding of Purchasing tools and best practices.
- Experience in Medical Device field preferred.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Noeleen Stewart on 091706712 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.