- Reference: GY46696
- Job Type: Contract
- Location: Galway
- Category: Retailing, Wholesaling & Purchasing
The Senior Buyer is responsible for the planning and procurement of goods and services to support manufacturing and other operations
- Work closely with R&D, Manufacturing and others in support of all procurement requirements
- Scheduling, purchasing and expediting of Direct and Indirect materials in support of all departments.
- Negotiate with suppliers to achieve the best overall value.
- Responsible for supply of assigned commodities, parts, office supplies and indirect materials as required by all departments.
- Identify production outputs necessary to meet the Master Schedule over a determined time horizon.
- Understand the fundamentals and principles of MRP.
- Responsible for maintenance of MPS (Master Production Schedule).
- Communicate timely and accurate material or production issues that affect ability to meet the Master Schedule or that affect current scheduled production activities.
- Issue production orders
- Create and publish production schedules governing the execution of planned manufacturing activities
- Track and resolve all past due production orders on a daily/weekly basis
- Manage supply chain to balance demand v/s supply and to meet company objectives with respect to customer satisfaction, revenue attainment, margin target, and inventory level.
- Closely work with operations to manage lead-time, capacity, and optimize supply position throughout the entire supply chain both at finished goods and key component level.
- Monitor inventory levels to determine required demand and adequate stock levels
- Request quotes, samples and production first articles for evaluation of new product designs and potential suppliers
- Manage suppliers with price discrepancies, damaged or returned material, logistics and other supplier issues.
- Communicate and work with the Accounting Department on any payable issues.
- Maintain key policies and procedures.
- Reconcile material receipts and invoicing discrepancies
- Manage assigned material inventories using established inventory control systems and tools including Kanbans, visual stocking systems, and MRP.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- B.A. Degree or equivalent and a minimum 5 years of relevant experience in a start-up, NPI or manufacturing environment.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite including Excel and Word.
- SAP Business One experience is a requirement.
- Candidate must possess excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Must demonstrate self-motivation, enthusiasm, a positive attitude and perform as a team player.
- Experience with MRP is required.
- Ability to effectively work with personnel on all levels.
- Well-developed multi-tasking skills in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to work independently and to adapt to consistently changing priorities.
- Experience in a Medical Device manufacturing environment a plus
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role/company please email your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org