Title: Senior Buyer/ Engineer
Min 2 – 4yrs. experience in a similar role in a manufacturing environment. Process knowledge of mechanical component assembly, purchasing process and price negotiations. Knowledge of Power Electronics a distinct advantage.
- Procurement market research for commodities purchased, this will include new supplier identification and benchmarking.
- Complete contract and price negotiating with suppliers.
- Supplier development Logistics / Quality / Technology.
- Carry out cost reduction project in Supplier Logistics / Purchasing.
- Implementing vendor programmes including EDI, Consignment Stock, and Self Bill.
- Support supplier escalation to resolve difficult supply issues.
- Member of various project teams responsible for (NPI) new production introduction or other teams where purchasing involvement is required.
- Efficient analysis of material requirements to ensure no surplus or obsolete material.
- Maintain price and supplier information as well as PPV forecasting, price
- development reporting and other supplier related information on SAP.
- Maintain the companies vendor rating system and put improvement plans in place if required.
- Any other duties as assigned by your Supervisor / Manager.
- Degree in Business or Engineering essential (NFQ Level 8).
- German language a distinct advantage.