The Role –
- Interprets, defines and communicates material/service requirements to Suppliers. Escalates issues in a timely manner internally and externally to ensure a flow of goods/services to support uninterrupted production and customer order requirements.
- Works with the overall Supply Chain organization to leverage corporate spend purchasing through preferred Suppliers to meet organisational financial objective. Negotiates pricing/terms with Suppliers in conjunction with corporate commodity management team where applicable ensuring that company needs are met.
- Ensure that Supplier delivers goods/service with necessary quality, competitive pricing and timely delivery.
- Identified and implements value add opportunities within the applicable supply chain
- Ensure that documented Quality Management System is representative of actual procurement/inventory management activities. Maintain compliance with documented system through approved change control systems.
- Ensure that the Supplier Quality Management (SQM) procedures are operated in compliance to policy including the monitoring and approval of new suppliers as required for approved Supplier list. Drive and support (as appropriate) Corrective Action from Suppliers.
- Ensure proactive response to relevant internal/external customer complaints by seeking root cause for problems and correcting them at the source.
- Manage and maintain stocks of all spare parts and consumables.
- Support production trials, new equipment installation/validation and provide planning support as required.
- Participate in and support continuous improvement teams to identify and improve efficiencies/yields, reduce waste and reduce manning levels etc.
- Identify and assist in resolving bottlenecks, quality problems and other production delays.
- Monitor production input/output and scrap on a continuous basis and comment/act as necessary to address issues arising from purchasing or inventories.
- Manage procurement and inventory systems improvement and development. Liaise and visit suppliers, users and customers as appropriate.
- Senior Buyer level support for capital projects including transfer process/new product development. Support plant validation programs as required.
- Support Plant Health and Safety programs and ensures compliance with all health and safety requirements and reports regarding Purchasing and Inventory Management areas of responsibility.
- Champion team training, ensuring that team members receive satisfactory training and are encouraged towards personal development.
- Support Plant objective to achieve world class standards, especially areas of procurement and inventory management, above all by setting your own high professional standards as an example.
- Provides back up to the Senior Manager Supply Chain director as required.
- Complete any assignments authorised by the Senior Manager Supply Chain Complete all reports and project work assigned in a timely and professional manner
The Essentials – what you need –
- 3rd level qualification in materials, inventory, purchasing and negotiation skills.
- Good knowledge of Oracle ERP systems (support conversion from JDE)
- Awareness of production capacities, efficiencies and constraints
- Knowledge of GMP and Operating in Regulated health care environment.
- Awareness of continuous improvement philosophy
- Knowledge of ISO 9000 or equivalent documented quality systems
- Project Management Experience.
- 3-5 years relevant experience in hi-volume manufacturing materials environment.
- Excellent buyer processes awareness and negotiation handling skills.
- Excellent interpersonal/teamwork skills
- Good broad-based PC skills including high competency in Excel
- Good analytical and reporting skills
- Ability to direct others to achieve planning objectives.
- Excellent communicator: verbal and written.
- Good initiative/hands on person/ability to influence.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Edel on 021 4911065 or email email@example.com
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our Recruitment Consultants to discuss the latest jobs, our job searching tips & videos!