Video for this job
Senior Automation Engineer:
Our client, a leading Biopharmaceutical company has a requirement for a Senior Automation Engineer to join their operations on a permanent basis. The Automation Engineer will be responsible for the successful implementation of all Automation solutions within a specified area of the facility.
- The role is responsible for the successful implementation of all Automation solutions within a specified area of the facility.
- Ensuring that the Automation systems are maintained in a validated state, and for keeping the underlying technology current, as part of an active lifecycle management program.
- Leading ongoing support to the Automation components in specified areas of the facility, ensuring the smooth running of operations of the site.
- Accountable for supporting capital projects, implementing system changes and conducting system investigations for specified automation systems in such as manner as to ensure they maintain the safe and compliant operation of the site.
- Require active and engaged participation in the site tier processes (routine operations support processes) as well as supporting a culture of continuous improvement at the site.
- 7+ years GxP (life science, pharma, med device) experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant discipline is required. Master’s Degree preferred
- Experience with automation system implementation and validation (as per the SDLC methodology)
- Experience in leading the implementation and on-going support of Automation Technology solutions
- Experience in leading and setting direction
- Experience with facility commissioning and startup
- Full understanding and application of S88 model
- Demonstrated expertise with the following specific technologies:
- ABB 800xA/Advant
- Supervisory Control Systems (SCADA) e.g. Siemens WinCC, Siemens TIA Portal, Wonderware
- PLC Controls, Siemens and/or Allen Bradley
- Process Data Management Systems, OSI PI
- System Virtualisation
- Knowledge of and experience in applying Lean Six Sigma, Lean methodologies and Technical excellence.
- Ability to work with all levels of business customers in a highly dynamic environment.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Josh Barnes