Senior Accountant – Galway City
- Producing and maintaining local accounting records.
- Periodic (monthly, annual) financial data reporting to the Group (according to IFRS standards), and consolidation via ERP system.
- Analyzing and reporting local foreign currency exposures.
- Agreeing the monthly intercompany net settlement with the treasury centre.
- Liaising with auditors and tax advisors in relation to financial reporting, tax compliance, legal documentation and smooth annual audits.
- Proactively collaborating across multinational teams to create an environment that consistently delivers global best practice, identified both internally and externally to the organization.
- Participating in Treasury and company related projects.
- Professional accounting designation (ACA/ACCA), with two plus years post qualification financial accounting experience
- Qualified in industry or in one of the “Big 4” accounting firms;
- Financial services industry experience an advantage;
- Good knowledge of closing processes under IFRS standards and strong multi-currency accounting knowledge;
- Significant practical experience of reviewing and interpreting new IFRS accounting literature and determining the impact on financial reporting, systems and processes;
- In-depth understanding of financial foreign exchange instruments, the use of them as well as the valuation and accounting for them;
- Understand and adhere to financial regulations and legislation keeping up to date on developments in this area;
- Practical experience of dealing with issues related to tax, capital, investments and lending in an IFRS environment;
- Corporate treasury knowledge an advantage but not essential;
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Noeleen Stewart on 091706712 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.