Senior Accountant - Dublin - Cherrywood Business Park - 2 days from home 3 days in office
My Client, a well known Multinational Medical Devices and Healthcare Company are looking for a Senior Accountant to join our team in Finance Shared Services Centre on a permanent basis.
The Senior Accountant is accountable to deliver accurate and timely financial information from the point of transaction through to financial close and periodic external reporting (monthly, quarterly, and annually). This individual will support all accounting processes, through effective, efficient and regulatory (SOX) compliant finance processes, and in accordance with local and consolidated GAAP/IFRS.
- Deliver guidance, insight, and technical expertise as it relates to general accounting.
- Support the completion of the close process
- Support of the day to day capture of performance metrics at the functional, team and individual level
- The Senior Accountant will support divisions, legal entities and countries as assigned to gain, over time, a deep understanding of the various divisions, and the unique attributes of the legal entity, regulatory, and in-country requirements associated with the region.
- Responsible for delivery of the general accounting processes and activities of the Shared Service organisation including individual, shared service and outsourced activities.
- As an individual contributor and team member; develop and deliver process documentation, training content, and super user support for more complex accounting activities, as requested.
- Coach and mentor peers, 3rd party outsource service provider staff, and less experienced team members to perform effectively in their role
- Participate in process improvement reviews across retained finance, captive shared service and outsourced teams as a part of ongoing exception management and continuous improvement activities
- Support data integrity and preparation of financial information to ensure completeness, accuracy, timeliness and accessibility of financial information.
- Understand, participate, and comply with standard demand management and service management processes.
- Perform ad hoc and special projects assignments, as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in finance or accounting, desirable
- Statistics or economics or local country equivalent, desirable
- 3-5 years of general accounting experience in a complex global environment
- Demonstrated capability to understand accounting outcomes and explain accounting treatment, utilizing excellent English language skills
- SAP or other enterprise systems experience
- Process excellence experience
- 3-5 years of accounting of industry finance experience
- External Audit/ Public Accounting experience preferred
- Shared services experience preferably, in a complex global accounting environment
- Required Certifications: CPA or Chartered Accountant
Excellent benefits attached with this position.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Sarra Hadi