- Reference: CJ47348
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Waterford
- Category: Science, Pharmaceutical & Food
The purpose of this job is to manage the Pharmaceutical & Water Microbiology Section. The Section Manager must ensure appropriate systems and controls are implemented to facilitate the growth of the section and the needs of the business. The section must be managed so that customer requirements, quality requirements, and organisational goals are met.
- To effectively manage all members of their team including areas such as, work rotas, productivity, training & development, housekeeping, safety, quality, documentation, etc. to ensure the laboratory is run at maximum efficiency.
- To ensure processes and systems are in place to ensure that routine analyses and project work is completed as required and customer reports are available in a timely manner.
- To provide continuous feedback to all members of their team on all items in relation to customer or organisational requirements/changes
- To handle any customer related query and lead the investigation of any complaint, liaising with their team to problem solve these queries if needed.
- To ensure all documentation is completed and filed accurately, updated as required and on time in line with company procedures.
- To communicate regularly with their team and all other ancillary groups to ensure information is transferred effectively throughout the organisation.
- To approve and keep updated laboratory SOPs in their area of work. Approval of all Quality and technical agreements with clients
- To ensure the quality of the day-to-day work coming out of the laboratory meets company standards and for problem solving any quality issues with other members of the organisation.
- To ensure that all analysts are trained and have completed training records for all tests and other training completed. To keep their training records up to date and to initiate training where possible.
- To continually liaise with management, customers and other members of the organisation on any relevant problem areas or enhancements to the business.
- To ensure equipment is properly maintained and in the event of a breakdown that it is repaired in accordance with company procedures (with reference to timeliness, quality and cost.)
- To adhere to all company standards in the area of safety, housekeeping and quality, notifying management of any discrepancies.
- To ensure that customers’ requirements are fully met and in so doing be flexible to work in any area of the business as is required and continuously work to improve relationships with customers. Attend customer business review meetings.
- To identify any opportunities for improvement of quality and service and work with the team to implement continuous improvement initiatives.
- To collaborate with Peers to ensure improvements are leveraged across the business and potential for similar issues avoided.
- To ensure each team member is given specific challenging SMART goals aligned with the site goal tree.
- To establish and manage key metrics in the areas of quality, customer satisfaction/delivery, financials and Health and safety. Ensuring all target set are met and any trends noticed are addressed.
- To lead internal and External/regulatory audits for area of responsibility, including audit preparation, area tour, support queries during the audit and follow up of actions to closure
- To manage headcount within team, to ensure resources are aligned with business requirements. Lead the recruitment and selection process for area of responsibility.
- To represent Microbiology in the Change control Review board.
- To deputise for the Microbiology Manager, in their absence this role is responsible for ensuring the continued smooth running of the company Laboratories.=
Qualifications & Experience
- A Degree or NCEA diploma in a relevant discipline.
- Preferably 3 – 5 years’ experience as a Team Leader in a contract laboratory environment.
- Excellent leadership skills.
- Good commercial awareness and business acumen.
- Good team player, organised, accurate, have strong documentation skills.
- Passionate about quality and customer service.
- Good communication skills both internally and externally. Ability to understand customers’ requirements and to be able to devise and articulate the most appropriate solutions.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Aisling on 021 4809118 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website www.collinsmcnicholas.ie
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our Recruitment Consultants to discuss the latest jobs, our job searching tips & videos!