Video for this job
Scientist / Biopharma Chemist
The role of Scientist/Biopharma Chemist is to perform a variety of complex sample preparation and analysis procedures to quantitatively measure small and large biomolecules such as proteins, peptides, nucleotides/oligonucleotides, DNA, carbohydrates/polysaccharides and liposomes using a wide range of analytical instrumentation.
This role will work with minimal supervision, interpret analytical data in regards to acceptability and consistency and set up and maintain analytical instrumentation.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Perform a variety of complex sample preparations
- Analysis procedures to quantitatively measure pharmaceutical compounds in a variety of formations for stability testing and other studies for analytical testing support
- Review and compilation of results
- Performing work assignments accurately, timely and in a safe manner
- Training on routine operation, maintenance and theory of analytical instrumentation, SOPs, and regulatory procedures and guidelines.
- Education to a Bachelors or higher level in Biochemistry or related subjects
- 2+ years’ relevant industry experience within a GMP laboratory (experience must be with Lab techniques relevant to Biopharm: ELISA, SDS-Page, Western Blot, HPLC, Capillary electrophoresis
- 5 Years experience in Academia (MSc or PhD or similar) demonstrating relevant Biopharmaceutical techniques as per above
- Detailed knowledge of method validation; method development would be an advantage.
- The ability to plan, schedule and carry out work for successful project completion
- A positive attitude and ability to work well with others
- The ability to write protocols and reports with minimum supervision
- Excellent attention to detail
- Be able to communicate effectively and follow detailed written and verbal instruction
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact David Lennon on 090 64 78104 or email email@example.com