- Reference: GY47270y
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Galway
- Category: Information Technology
Reporting to the Master Data Manager, the Master Data Specialist performs a variety of functions in accordance. You will work with analysts, internal departments and commercial business units to resolve data issues and carry out Mass Data System updates as necessary in line with defined data standards. This is a key position with the information services division of the global enterprise.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Assume ownership and responsibility for accuracy of all customer, vendor, pricing and product data in core systems
- Manage a smooth workflow of data from various sources and gathering this information in the correct format in line with defined SOPs.
- Build relationships with Central functions and Support other business users through the timely resolution of Master Data Queries.
- Work with internal departments and local users on any Master Data related projects to ensure progressive development and accuracy of data.
- Engage with Implementation partner and third-party vendors as required.
- Initiate regular data audits to identify any discrepancies and inconsistencies
- Review and update the defined Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) to ensure their accuracy in reflecting the day-to-day business.
- 2 years minimum experience within an SAP ERP system experience in a Master Data capacity.
- Excellent data manipulation skills including excellent Excel skills. Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications. Additional technical skills in SQL querying, Access and/or Data Analytical tools welcome.
- Ability to work on own initiative, motivated, self-starter and Team player.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills.
- Excellent Communication Skills with ability to communicate standards to and train other staff members and internal customers.
- A second European language is not a requirement but is certainly advantageous.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Eoghan Curtin by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website www.collinsmcnicholas.ie
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our Recruitment Consultants to discuss the latest jobs as well as our job searching tips and videos!