Great opportunity to join a growing team with our client a top hotel in Kilkenny. If you are looking for a new challenge in sales and marketing at directorship level in hospitality this could be for you. You would be joining a fast-paced environment with a team of 4 to manage, who can focus more on the day to day so that you can focus on strategy, structure and relationships. The core attributes needed for this role are knowledge, leadership and accountability. There are also growth opportunities within the role/organisation.
What you will be doing:
- Reporting directly to the General Manager.
- Identifying opportunities locally, nationally and internationally and build relationships with key individuals and organisations.
- Manage existing accounts and develop new accounts.
Participate in all sales activities including sales calls, corporate entertaining, social events and promotions.
- Responsible for Sales and Marketing team of 4.
- Co-ordinating RSVP lists for corporate evenings.
- Send out all Corporate Contracts.
To negotiate and seek out Conference/Corporate business for the Hotel.
- Liaise closely with other departments in all hotels.
- Be aware of relevant competitor information and market changes and to recommend/initiate changes in our services as necessary.
- Create and develops marketing communication activities.
- Report all sales activity to General Manager on a weekly basis.
To Represent the Hotel (and the Hotel Group, where necessary) at trade exhibitions, consumer fairs, shopping centres, workshops etc., and to become involved in associations which may benefit hotel sales.
Maximise all sales opportunities and ensure sales leads generated are actioned or referred according to departmental standards.
Involvement in Hotel’s social media outlets and liaising with PR company for the same.
Execute quarterly sales and marketing plans to focus and adapt the activity to support business needs.
Create and develops marketing communication activities.
Suggest innovative marketing ideas to grow market share.
Identify public relations opportunities to complement the overall sales and marketing strategy.
Focus on building long-term, value-based customer relationships that enable achievement of the hotel’s’ sales objectives.
What you need for the role:
- Similar experience essential.
- Minimum of 6 years in a Sales and Marketing Manager position.
- Having worked with 4star or a minimum 3star hotels.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Lia Boyland.