Video for this job
Reporting directly to the Sales and Marketing Director this is a full-time permanent field based role where you will have responsibility for the sales of our Client’s full portfolio of Products within your regional area of Co. Mayo, Co. Galway and Co. Roscommon. The successful candidate will be required to work closely with a range of customers and influencers and take control of enquiries and customer relationships within his or her area.
Our Client is a market leader within the UK and Ireland when it comes to building materials being the only manufacturer to offer a full suite of products used at every stage of the building project.
You will be required to operate at a range of levels within our sector from house builders, homeowners, major contractors and builder merchants while also building relationships with Architects, Specifiers and influencers in your region.
You will need to ensure as Area Sales Manager you operate to the highest standards specifying and selling ethical solutions that meet both the customer needs and the companies profit aspirations.
The ideal candidate must have the ability to develop the area and a sales strategy in order to support the overall strategic vision of the business.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Achieve sales targets for your territory
- Work closely and professionally with all internal sales, operations and technical staff
- Deal efficiently and professionally with incoming sales enquiries
- Read plans and price products accordingly
- Provide onsite technical support and advice whilst working closely with our technical sales team
- Generate quotations in partnership with the sales office/technical team
- Deal with customer product queries by telephone and on-site
- Assist other members of the team as required
- Attend trade shows and exhibitions as required
- Report activity using specified systems
- Maintain regular contact with new and existing customers at multiple levels
- Ensure that all sales protocols always meet the highest standards
- Prepare and present performance reports and presentations on territory performance
- Work with marketing on customer campaigns and sales initiatives
The Sales Manager will require
- Proven experience in a similar role or extensive field-based sales experience
- Demonstrate strong sales techniques
- Excellent people skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Strong PC skills to include the full Microsoft Office suite
- Desirable Criteria
Preferably a 3rd level education or equivalent
- Previous sales management training
- Previous experience of working within the Building Products Sales Sector
- Strong technical bias in the sector
For further information or a confidential discussion, please contact email@example.com