We are partnering with one of Irelands leading courier and shipping partner companies that are on the lookout for a Sales Executive/Account Manager to oversee the sales and key account management in their Cork region. This role is being offered on a full-time, permanent basis. It services the Cork region and would ideally suit someone who has a strong sales background, has a full clean driver's license, and does not mind frequent travel as part of their workweek. The successful candidate will work between home, my client's base office in Little Island, and on the road.
About the role
The Sales Executive & Account Management will be responsible for bringing new customers onboard within defined courier franchise territories. They may also be required to be involved with bringing onboard new customers. The amount of new sales value created by these customers will be part of your targets & KPIs. The account management side of this role, will relate to the customers signed up as well as current key accounts, the management of these accounts will be dependent on business needs.
- Interface with Courier Franchisees (CF) to create and maintain a lead generation pipeline to support their Business Plan.
- Cold call to agreed customers within defined CF territories.
- Set Up and train new customers on the company system and complete all paperwork required.
- Ensure all new customers receive a weekly visit or phone call from the Account Manager or Sales Support for the initial 6 weeks following set up. Time and content of this communication to be formally captured.
- Regular Follow Up with selected key Accounts to ensure satisfaction with the service.
- Liaise with the Depot Operational teams clearly communicating agreed client schedule for delivery and collections.
- Work closely with the Customer Service team to proactively manage any issues that clients may be experiencing.
- Record daily journey plan.
- Report on any lost or potential lost customers in a timely manner explaining in detail the reasons and actions taken.
- Provide clear and accurate instructions to allow Sales Support Executive to communicate clearly with the Regional Depots.
- Plan for any potential challenges that may arise during the peak season.
- Review weekly performance with the Commercial director either in person or by phone as agreed.
- Proven track record in sales
- Excellent time management skills.
- Excellent Organisation and communication skills.
- An ability to excel in a highly matrixed environment.
- Computer literate.
- Highly disciplined.
- Excellent Communication skills both Oral and Written
- Experience in the freight business advantage but not essential as full training will be provided.
Salary and Benefits
- Competitive base salary
- Company Vehicle
- Fuel Card
- Lunch Expenses
- Company phone and Laptop
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Ryan Blackett.