An enthusiastic sales executive required in Galway City Centre and Castlebar for a leading well established newspaper.
Duties will include:
- Achieving set targets (revenue based)
- Sourcing and selling to new business
- Developing business relationships to increase customers spend
- Speak to a minimum of 20 decision makers a day (if on phones – may need to make 50-60 calls to do this); or if out on calls 2 visits an hour.
- Booking in advertisements for customers.
- Organising advertisement proofs and sending these to customers.
- Collecting cash payments and debtors.
- Contacting customers for features/sections with the intention of selling them advertisements.
- Sales Experience, preferably in media sales.
- Organised and motivated.
- The ability to work under pressure.
- Must be able to work on their own initiative
- Must be very driven and focused (not afraid to pick up the phone and make calls)
- Computer literate.
- Good standard of English
- Excellent customer service skills (must answer emails, follow up with quotes to customers, ensure a high level of service to customers at all times).
– 9am – 5.30pm Monday – Friday (from time to time they may be asked to work extra hours but this is kept to a minimum – usually just once a year for our annual sales project).
– Staff must start and finish the day in the office
- The right candidate will be set week/monthly targets. A bonus is paid on the achievement of these targets.
- The salary consists of a basic salary, commission and bonuses.
- We would like someone to come in with the intention to earn a minimum of 50% of their basic salary again on commission.
- Candidates must have their own car (mileage expenses are paid).
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Deirdre Moran.