An excellent opportunity exists for an experienced Sales Director to lead our clients dynamic Sales Team.
Reporting to the Managing Director you will be responsible for developing and achieving sales targets for business growth and profitability across our various services.
As a member of the senior management team, the Sales Director will be involved in high-level sales strategy and commercial tasks, whilst remaining hands-on and personally involved in identifying opportunities, developing new revenue streams and providing mentoring & support to the Sales Team.
- Lead and coach the sales team
- Manage & maintain positive relationships with key stakeholders both internally and externally.
- Work effectively as part of the senior management team to plan & execute company-wide strategies
- Monthly reporting on sales performance against budget and reporting on variances for inclusion in the board meeting agenda.
- Create marketing strategies in consultation with agencies/suppliers and the Managing Director.
- Ensure direct reports operate in accordance with Company policies and procedures and best practices.
- Setting and monitoring annual sales budgets & monitoring direct costs for the division.
- Setting activity and revenue targets for all members of the sales team.
- Appraise and monitor the performance of the sales team to ensure they are fully motivated to achieve the best performance to meet the company’s needs.
- Attending weekly meetings with members of the sales team.
- Working on account management plans with the sales account managers.
- Identifying key areas for improvement in the sales process.
- Identifying recruitment needs and assisting with selection for the sales department.
- Networking and Attending industry events and conferences.
- Acting as a spokesperson for the organisation at sales events and conferences.
- 5+ years experience direct line management experience working with a large team in value based B2B solution/consultative selling
- Proven track record of achieving targets and driving sales growth in a business.
- Strong leadership skills and an ability to inspire and coach sales teams
- A self-starting, high performing sales mentality
- A clear & concise communicator who is able to make well-reasoned recommendations to all levels of the organization, from peers to executive leadership
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to influence in order to achieve results
- Excellent command of verbal and written language and excellent presentation skills
- Process oriented, yet flexible to meet the needs of a dynamic business environment
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Ability to travel as necessary
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft suite essential to the role
- Third level qualification
- Full Clean Drivers Licence
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our Recruitment Consultants to discuss all the latest jobs!