A fantastic opportunity has arisen to join a growing indigenous organisation based 20 minutes from Cork City. In this role you will be responsible for strategic planning, negotiation and implementation of the purchasing plan for a developing range of products in the retail sector of this company. You will get the opportunity to source across a range of areas within the business, build strong relationships with suppliers, monitor and implement procedures, policies and controls and assist in the budgeting and planning process and execute the required strategies and initiatives to fully deliver the required services to support the business and its stakeholders. Our client is looking to source an energetic Retail Buyer with 2+ years relevant experience in high volume industries.
Please get in touch for more details and a confidential conversation – email@example.com / 021 4911065
Full job spec available upon request.
About the role:
- Sourcing – new suppliers, products and supply chain solutions
- Contracting – concluding contracts, order creation, price and product file maintenance
- Supplier Relationship Management – categorisation and rationalisation of suppliers, establishing a competitor base for existing suppliers and dispute resolution
- Benchmarking – price comparison, competitor tracking, market trend analysis, price setting
- Business CommunicationReporting with the Retail Head of Buying
- Monitor and implement Procedures, Policy and Controls throughout the order to sale process for assigned categories
- Stock Management
- Budgeting and Planning for assigned categories
- Managing plans for stock levels, reacting to change in demand and logistics, maintain relationships with existing suppliers and source new suppliers for future products
The ideal person:
- 2+ years relevant experience in high volume retail industries.
- Strong knowledge of Retail Buying and the underlying processes across the full remit of the role.
- A proven ability to negotiate at a high level in commercial sourcing.
- Strong business acumen and commercially aware with robust analytical and problem-solving skills.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Edel on 021 4911065 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our Recruitment Consultants to discuss the latest jobs, our job searching tips & videos!