- Reference: LK46265
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Kerry, Limerick
- Category: Information Technology
Collins McNicholas currently have an exciting opportunity for Research Fellow – Computer Vision & Robotics with one of their clients in the Mid-West Region. This role is a 3.5-year contract.
The following are the key requirements for the role:
- Understanding of and experience with any of the following: 3D object recognition, real-time machine vision and its application for control of robotic systems, pattern recognition, sensor alignment and calibration.
- A solid engineering background with hands-on experience developing robotics and/or vision systems
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, an ability to understand complex problems and generate appropriate pragmatic technical solutions.
- Proven ability to analyse technical software development/design issues and manage them to resolution.
- Ability to work on own initiative, in a fast-paced environment with attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal, teamwork and communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Constantly promote awareness of best industry practices, providing company training as required.
- Energetic and eager to learn and implement new technologies when required.
- Excellent knowledge of statistical analysis and software programs such as Mathcad/Octave/R or equivalent.
- Focused on keeping your knowledge up to date.
- Knowledge of Agriculture and especially Dairying.
- PhD in engineering or equivalent.
- Knowledge of programming tools such as C/C++ or VisualBasic and advantage.
- Experience with using embedded microprocessors.
- Proven ability to take ownership of development projects.
- Self-motivated and able to work on own initiative, with excellent organisational and personal management skills.
- Professional and mature attitude to work with energy, drive and enthusiasm – to be a proactive member of the team.
For a confidential discussion on the above role please contact Michael O’Leary on 061-512270