- Reference: LK46264
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Kerry, Limerick
- Category: Information Technology
Collins McNicholas currently have an exciting opportunity for Research Fellow – Cloud Software with one of their clients in the Mid-West Region. This role is a 3.5-year contract.
The following are the key requirements for the role:
- Have a minimum of 4 years (post-graduation) C# development experience.
- Exposure to modern development technologies, frameworks & patterns.
- Experience and the discipline of working within a fast-paced test-driven environment.
- Write maintainable code, refactors as you go, and minimizes technical debt.
- Proven ability to deliver software on-time.
- Experience working with ES5 & ES6, TypeScript a plus.
- Good knowledge of Angular (1 & 4).
- Plenty of experience building non-trivial SPAs.
- Strong CSS (and CSS pre-processor) and HTML.
- Confident working SCM tools and branching strategies in git.
- Experience working with DI containers, understanding of Inversion of Control patterns.
- Experience in designing and implementation of RESTFul & SOAP API’s.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services.
- Big Data processing, SQL and non-SQL databases (MySQL, DynamoDB, Hadoop).
- Develop analytics to provide meaningful insight into animal health and performance data.
- Mathematical analysis and algorithm development for sensor data analysis.
- Time series analysis and pattern identification.
- Data mining.
- Mathematical modelling of scientific problems.
- Knowledge of Agriculture and especially Dairying.
- Knowledge of statistical analysis and software programs such as Mathcad/Octave/R or equivalent.
- Be imaginative and persistent and have the ability to communicate clearly.
- Be logical and technically minded and possesses strong problem-solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, teamwork and communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Strong C# .Net knowledge.
- Minimum 3-4 years of .NET/ASP Development, Web Services.
- Knowledge of Web Technologies (HTML, jQuery, AJAX, CSS, WS-Security etc).
- Strong object-oriented design and coding skills. Experience working in Microsoft’s Visual Studio 2010 Professional Edition Environment.
- Experience in using source code control management systems – commercial or open source.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, an ability to understand complex problems and generate appropriate pragmatic technical solutions.
- Experience with MS SQL Server 2005/2008. Exposure to Agile Development Methodologies.
- Proven ability to analyse technical software development/design issues and manage them to resolution.
- Constantly promote awareness of best industry practices, providing company training as required.
- Energetic and eager to learn and implement new technologies when required.
- Focused on keeping your knowledge up to date.
- HTML5 / JQuery or Sencha (Ext.js).
- Database design and performance optimization.
- PhD in software or equivalent
- Knowledge of programming tools such as C/C++ or VisualBasic and advantage
- Proven ability to take ownership of development projects.
- Self-motivated and able to work on own initiative, with excellent organisational and personal management skills.
- Professional and mature attitude to work with energy, drive and enthusiasm – to be a proactive member of the team.
For a confidential discussion on the above role please contact Michael O’Leary on 061-512270