- The successful candidate will need to liaise with internal Business Development Managers, Marketing, and Quality.
- Externally they will need to liaise with Food for Health Ireland on research projects with Universities and industry groups.
- Minimum of a food science degree and preferably a higher qualified MSc/ PhD in the area of cheese science and technology
- Understands cheese making and has a good understanding of all aspects of it i.e. technology, chemistry, starter cultures, microbiology, nutritional, cheese flavour, sensory, cheese packaging technology, shelf-life assessment
- Ideally needs cheese manufacturing experience
- Understands cheese functionality and factors affecting its performance
- Has worked with customers on projects at retail and industrial level from concept to launch stage.
- Is willing to travel and present to customers internationally, attend trade shows, attend seminars etc.
- Has a basic understanding of the regulations and legislative environment on labelling cheese and making claims in the retail and industrial sectors.
- Can provide technical support on problem solving internally and externally to customers.
- Need attention to detail and a good discipline on record keeping, project management and report writing with a knowledge of current trends on health and nutrition in the dairy sector.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills are important as is the ability to work as part of a team
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Emer O’ Callaghan on 021 4911061 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website www.collinsmcnicholas.ie
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our Recruitment Consultants to discuss the latest jobs, our job searching tips & videos!