Electronic Repair Technician * 2
You will ensure repair shop quality standards are met. Undertake all actions necessary to render the unit serviceable, including cleaning, testing, performance evaluation of electronic and mechanical components, sub assemblies and LRUs. Follow standard practices and procedures in analysing situations or data from which answers can be readily obtained.
Electronic Repair Technician responsibilities:
- Perform the set-up, calibration, testing, and troubleshooting of circuits, components, instruments, and mechanical assemblies.
- Perform hand set-ups for digital tests.
- Recognise failures and set-up problems, and determines need for appropriate verification.
- Record required information on all repairs and publication discrepancies.
- Operate programmable auto-testers, samplers, real-time oscilloscopes, pulse generators, meters, power supplies, and special test fixtures.
- Additionally, this role may require travel within the U.K. or internationally.
- Formal electronic qualification, e.g. HNC in Electronic Engineering, City & Guilds Part 1&2 qualification, BTEC/NVQ in electronics or equivalent.
- Proven experience of audio/video or digital electronic repairs to component level.
- Ability to use analytical skills to diagnose component and system failures.
- Ability to rework soldering of surface mount component.
- Ability to read and write English to comply with ATA regulations.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Tina Egan