Repair Technician Role Summary
The successful candidate will be responsible for debugging, testing, and repairing existing products using established test procedures and troubleshooting to component level. The candidate will also be responsible for technical support to engineering, including such activities such as; implementing Engineering changes, jig/fixture fabrication, electro-mechanical system maintenance, and using specialised test equipment. The role is office based, but there may be travel occasionally to customer sites.
The successful candidate will be:
- Expected to perform operational test and fault isolation on boards.
- Responsible for repair of RMA’s and associated reporting documentation with an emphasis on identification of failure trends.
- Expected to monitor the quality of the product and carefully document any deviations.
- Able to communicate finding to Operations and Engineering.
Repair Technician knowledge and experience
- An appropriate electronics degree in software, hardware or embedded systems, with 3 years’ experience in PCB debug (we will provide appropriate product training for the successful candidate).
- Familiarity with in-circuit programming of microcontroller
- Good level of computer literacy.
- Strong problem solving skills
- Excellent troubleshooting and soldering/de-soldering skills – including the ability to solder PCB fine pitch components,
- Strong understanding of microprocessor, digital and analog circuitry.
- Experience working with multiple diagnostic tools (debuggers, multi-meter and digital/analog oscilloscopes).
For more information or to apply please contact Tina Egan on email@example.com 09064 78104.
Please Note: Collins McNicholas will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.
Setting the Standards for Excellence in Recruitment
To see a full list of jobs available across Ireland please visit our website at www.collinsmcnicholas.ie