Regulatory Compliance Manager
About this Role:
It is expected that the Regulatory Compliance Manager will provide Regulatory Compliance advice and expertise to the business by responding to, implementing and supporting adherence to regulatory requirements. Key to the role is the identification of applicable laws and regulations, monitoring and implementing regulatory changes and continuously enforcing and enhancing best practices to ensure all business is carried out in accordance with all applicable legislation, regulations and guidelines. Working with Operational Risk colleagues, the Regulatory Compliance Manager will endeavour to ensure that the Regulatory and Consumer Protection Risk is adequately monitored and tested. Ultimately it is expected that behaviours conducive to positive relationships, treating customers fairly, teamwork, meeting or exceeding professional and regulatory standards, are displayed.
Key Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Compliance Management
- Ensure the provision of prompt and accurate advice to the business on compliance and regulatory matters related to Residential and Commercial loans.
- Engage directly with regulators including the Central Bank of Ireland, Financial Services Ombudsman and Office of the Data Protection Commissioner, as required.
- Keep the business informed of upstream legal and regulatory changes, and input to the implementation of changes as required.
- Be the compliance representative on business projects including the implementation of the General Data Protection Regulation.
- Maintain an accurate and comprehensive inventory of applicable laws, regulations and codes.
- Advise the business on responses to errors, complaints, appeals etc
- Policy Management
- Input to and ensure that robust policies and related procedures are in place to comply with applicable laws, regulations and codes, and internal policy requirements.
- Roll out new/updated policies and procedures where appropriate.
- Education & Training
- Determine optimal compliance training strategy, content and mode of delivery; maintain accurate and easily accessible training materials and records.
- Leadership & Team Development
- Liaise with Operational Risk to ensure Regulatory Risks are documented, reviewed regularly and there are controls in place to mitigate in accordance with Compliance & Operational Risk Plan
- Partner with the business to enhance the compliance culture.
- Where required, manage direct reports towards achieving the goals of the Compliance team
- To ensure the ongoing and appropriate development of staff to enable them to achieve their full potential.
- To create and maintain a positive culture within the team.
- To ensure “living the values” of the organization is the status quo.
Key Performance Indicators
- Issues/implications of legal and regulatory changes identified and acted upon in a timely manner.
- Annual documented risk assessment and plan, reviewed and updated as required.
- Delivery of prompt and accurate advice to the business.
- All appropriate policies and procedures in place and up-to-date
- Level and quality of Compliance training as measured by feedback from business and participants.
Skills & Experience
- Legal qualification and/or Licentiate of the Association of Compliance Officers in Ireland
- Strong compliance experience in a financial services environment
- Ability to demonstrate detailed knowledge of relevant laws and regulations relevant to Irish financial services, in particular related to residential and commercial mortgage lending legislation, and data protection.
- Experience of Consumer Protection / Conduct Risk (desirable)
- Knowledge of relevant laws and regulations relevant to UK financial services (desirable)
- Data Protection qualification (desirable)
- Anti-Money Laundering qualification (desirable)
- Previous experience operating in a leadership position
- Experience in design and delivery of training courses
- Legal & Compliance
- Analytical thinking
- Communication & Interpersonal Skills
- Customer Service & Commercial Awareness
- Developing Others
- Influencing/Persuasion & Negotiation Skills
- Judgement & Decision Making
- Leadership – Direction & Goals
- Project & Task Management
If interested, please contact Blaithin on 01 66 200 88 or email email@example.com