Regional Chief Officer required for the Galway to Donegal area.
Leadership and Direction
- Lead on behalf of and represent the agency on all matters within and relevant to the region. This includes the integration of any service or function which does not report at Regional level.
- Lead the Regional Management Team in the development and implementation of a fully integrated model of service delivery based on national standardised models, including the devolution of national services into local regional management.
- Assist the CEO and the EMT in the overall external engagement of the Agency including media and parliamentary processes as relevant to the function and Region. The Chief Officer will be a key spokesperson for the Agency on a range of Regional and National issues.
- Produce an Annual Business Plan for the Region consistent with the national Business Plan for the Agency and the performance statement of the Minister. The Regional Business Plan will include integration of all Tusla operations in the Region regardless of their reporting arrangements.
- The Chief Officer will have prescribed national frameworks within which to work (consistency) and will also have local initiative frameworks within which to determine enhancements to a particular location or service.
- The Chief Officer will be the key point of internal and external integration for the Agency within the specified Region and will exercise the functions of the CEO and Deputy CEO in that respect (by delegation).
Operational Excellence Managing and Delivery Results I Performance
- Lead the commissioning and delivery of high-quality services to meet the needs of the population of the Region in line with national policies, standards and protocols.
- In line with national policy and the delegated framework, lead all Agency operations in the defined geographic region.
- Lead the implementation of a service delivery performance management process that uses established management techniques including logistics management, operations management and analytics to optimise the performance of departments and services within the Region and meet national performance management requirements.
- Organise at a strategic and operational level the necessary people and other resources as agreed nationally, across a complex network of services to meet budget, quality and timescales.
- Manage local internal and external stakeholders of all component dependencies of the Agency in the Region.
- Manage and participate in the management of national imperatives as arise and as required.
- Deputise for the National Director of Services & Integration (Deputy CEO) as required.
Corporate Accountability Management
Organisation Change and Development
- Hold a professional qualification (third level) in a Health & Social Care Professions and/or management-related discipline.
- Have 5 years’ senior management experience in a comparable size and type (service) of organisation.
- Have demonstrated operational management excellence in delivering services of significant scale and complexity. Have demonstrated experience of strategic planning and effectively implementing change and improving services.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Deirdre Moran.